Monday, July 6, 2009

Sniff, Sniff, Snort!!!!

Anyone else ever use the computers in the library? It really is wonderful to have these computers at our disposal. I can check email, research any material I can think of, and browse to my heart's content. I love the library.

So what am I going to complain about you might wonder? My computer neighbors always have a cold or sinus troubles. It doesn't matter when I come here, day or night I seem always to get the same annoyance. My neighbor to the right of me sniffs and my neighbor to the left of me snorts. They never have a tissue. I never see them blow their noses. After a while, I am just about ready to offer them one of mine.

The other problem is the cursing over the computer and or website they are on. Personally I am not interested in the trouble they are having. However, constantly I am hearing complaints about what they are trying to do. I would assume that these are the same people that cannot read to themselves without mouthing the words aloud.

There is also one gentleman that wears earbuds and just browses through pictures, etc. He has to have major sinus problems and is there everytime I go to the library. Lovely. Sniff, sniff, snort!!!!

6 comments:

Jeanne Estridge said...

Sounds like you need the earbuds! (And an industrial container of hand sanitizer.)

Michel said...

That does not sound very pleasant and/or sanitary!

you should consider a laptop!ha!

Anonymous said...

I've never thought about the sniff factor before...yuck.

But I do love the library.

T said...

Ugh! I enjoy the library for the peacefulness, but this does not sound like it is very peaceful. That would wear on my nerves too.

Anonymous said...

Me too! It drives me crazy.

I was in the Drs waiting room last night and every time an old man in there sniffed, it sounded as though he was ripping the wall paper off the wall!

GG

Caffeine Court said...

Eww. I don't want to think about all the snot that people spread around when they wipe their runny mucus on their hands instead of a tissue.

So gross.