Saturday, February 28, 2009

Update on My Life

I haven't had much to say these past couple of days. I do have some topics running around in my head. However none seemed appropriate for my mood. These are some of my random thoughts.....

Stefanie is moving today into a new apartment with heat, dishwasher, washer, dryer, and toilets that flush! That is an improvement over the last place. Danielle said Stef's last place should have been condemned. She couldn't get over the slanting floor in the living room, not to mention the lack of heat in the place. I am currently babysitting for their cat, Simba so he wouldn't get in the way of the big move. As I am writing this Simba and our cat, Jack are fighting quietly in the living room. No one is crying or hissing. I think that is a good sign.

Dan's debit card is cancelled. We received the form letter from the bank explaining that his debit card numbers had been "compromised" and they were doing us a favor by cancelling his card. He is finishing the last few days of his month over the road. He took the news well actually. Of course, he stockpiled some cash when he heard the news as his card is good through today and then he's on his own. Truckers never know how much cash to keep on hand because they never know where they will be sent next and how many tolls they will have to pay. For example the George Washington Bridge in New York City costs a semi $40. And they have to go back over it again to return to civilization. Such is the life of a truck driver.

When Dan comes home this time he is going in for his 3rd injection in his spine. I hope he gets some relief. He is still in a lot of pain from arthritis in his spine and a pinched nerve. Shot number 1 and 2 helped but there is room for improvement.

Danielle is still looking for a job that suits her better. The job market here is not pretty. Stefanie needs to find a new job..... but that is an ongoing story.

The gym thing is going well. I seriously enjoy going in there and sweating and pushing myself to do the time on the elliptical and on the treadmill. I think it helps my stress level as long as I don't look at my phone to see the missed calls and missed text messages. A few days ago I made the mistake of looking at my phone to see the text, "I broke my left contact in two pieces". And the next text was, "Call me". That kind of ruined my workout. Yesterday after work I parked my car in the lot at the gym and looked over to find out that I had left my gym bag at home. So much for Friday's workout!

Danielle's boyfriend sent her flowers yesterday, "Just Because" and Jack has been trying to eat them ever since.

I changed my clickable link color to pink on my blog so people can find it. I think it is working. The video on my sidebar is a guy Danielle used to work with at a sports bar in Troy. He is pretty good. I have watched his dance quite a few times I have to admit. The other clips are from his figure skating career. Thought they were interesting. He has his own channel on YouTube - Dustbustr5. I didn't even know you could have your own channel!

I never did get my Paczki so when I saw some Entenmanns donuts marked down to half price today I bought some. I don't think it is good to deprive yourself of something that you wait all year for. I will eat them next year.

Hmmmm. I am starting to think about pizza. Talk to you later.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things have been busy.

Glad you're enjoying the working out and hope the cat sitting goes well.

T said...

Well you have been busy! Glad you sticking with the gym. I am so terrible at that kind of stuff. I can never find the time.

Yes, definitely don't look at your phone, I make that mistake often when I should be doing other things.

Hope the cat sitting continues to go well.

Pizza, yum, I'm having that tonight for dinner:)

Andrea said...

Thanks for the update, Jan...you've been busy!! Glad that you checked in though...I look forward to your posts.

Unknown said...

I'm not sure why but I found this post very comforting. Maybe because things always move forward ... and I find that a good thing.

Many years ago, I got into the habit of actually turning off and unplugging phones for periods of time. I do it because if I don't I become a slave to it ... and it's the best way I know to have a few, undisturbed minutes to myself.

My credit cards were recently "compromised". The company sent me new ones but ... wonder what's going on. There seems to be a lot of compromising going on.

Take Care!

Small Footprints
http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Going to the gym will give you lots of material for posts. If not, you'll have a good time.

Good luck to Danielle with her job hunt. Be nice to the cat.