Thursday, November 6, 2008

Why I Didn't Vote


1106081247.jpg
Originally uploaded by jntrowley
I won't be blogging anymore about Bob after today. He died in Danielle's arms on Tuesday, Election Day. Stefanie called me at work and was crying so hard that I really couldn't understand much of what she said. I called Danielle and heard Bob crying in agony and told her I was on my way home. Unfortunately, he died while I was stuck in traffic on 696.

When I got home Stef was in the kitchen crying and Danielle was laying on the couch. Bob was under a little gray blanket on the living room floor. He liked to sleep on that blanket and now he was lifeless under it.

I lifted the corner of the blanket back and saw his little head with an open mouth and I recovered him. We took him to the vet's office and paid the $50 to cremate him. I told the girls that when I was a kid we just would have buried him in the back yard. Truthfully, when we get a lot of rain the backyard floods and I couldn't think of him under water like that.

Everyone at work was so nice to me and even stuck a sympathy card in my locker. I work with a lot of animal lovers. That made it easier. They had all heard my Bob stories for the seven years that I have worked in that office. Now they shared my grief.

I am going to send one more picture after this one. He is irreplaceable. And this next picture is priceless to me.

No comments: