I would like to thank Andrea from www.findingsirius.blogspot.com for giving me the Honest Scrap Award. I think she is a sweet, sensitive, talented writer/photographer. I am honored to be her first follower and hope I have led some nice people to her site.
I am supposed to list ten honest things about myself. Actually my first post on September 6, 2008 listed 13 honest things but if you never read that, here goes:
1) I am a very shy person. Most people would not know that because I tend to dominate the lunch conversation at work but I hate being the center of attention. That is why we had a tiny wedding and why as a kid I hated getting haircuts because everyone felt obligated to tell me that I had a haircut!!!! I still hate haircuts because it requires me to pick up the phone and make an appointment.
2) I am sometimes a bit envious of other bloggers because they have lots of followers, or because they seem to put so much work (thought) into their posts, I just tend to sit down and the words just flow out of me (good or bad).
3) I have tremendous feeling of guilt and inadequacy about my past. I always have felt that I could have helped my mother more when she was dying. I was 16 and really didn't realize that she was at the end. I thought I would see her the next day.
4) I make coffee first thing in the morning even before my eyes are open. That is why I stepped on the cat yesterday walking down the stairs. Jack (the cat) is fine. I scared him and I almost fell down the steps but I am fine too.
5) I neglect emailing people that I correspond with so I can read blogs or write blogs. I am sorry.
6) My immediate family has no interest in my blog and has not read my blog.
7) I thought they would be interested.
8) I love sweets. Not interested in chips,crackers, nuts.
9) I have been told all my life that I am too tall, too pale, and my hair is too curly. I am tall, pale, and have curly hair. I am 5 feet 9 inches tall. For years I told everyone that I was 5 feet 8 inches. I tried tanning when I was young. It just isn't me. And I tried to straighten my hair for years. I did the chemical straighteners, big curlers, etc. It is what it is.
10) I am a voracious reader. I read stuff I don't even like. I cannot return a book to the library unfinished. It is just wrong.
11) Bonus. I actually bought the Blogging for Dummies book before I started this blog. It helped a little but I am still struggling sometimes.
As far as passing on the award, I really don't know who to tag. If anyone wants to play this game you are welcome. Let me know. I will read it cuz I have to read everything. As a kid I tried to read the entire library. It didn't work out so well.
Anyway I hope I did ok telling honest things about myself. Oh no. I forgot that these things were supposed to be interesting.
Which program do you use to write?
1 hour ago