Saturday, October 25, 2008

Skinny Bitch

Danielle read a book recently and she asked me if I was interested in reading it too. I always used to read books that she recommended when she was a kid. She hasn't offered me any reading material in a long, long time. So of course, I said yes. Well, the book was Skinny Bitch by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. Danielle had mentioned that she was interested in becoming a vegan and I just made a quick comment to her on how I could NEVER do that.

I had noticed that strange vegetarian and organic products had been showing up in my refrigerator but thought it was a passing fad.

I read the book and enjoyed it. And I am still eating meat but I have lost 4 inches off my hips by cutting out alot of meat, trying to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables and cutting out junk food. I do still drink coffee (because I love it) and I am still drinking diet pop (because it is a habit).

Danielle and I have both lost weight. She of course, was never fat but she thought she was. I on the other hand have been told by Danielle, "Mom, you and I are riding the chubby train". That was her comment to me last spring before I started my usual spring walking routine.

I am still waiting for someone to say, "Wow. you have lost weight"! Stef told me that she sees me everyday and doesn't notice. Danielle told me, "Well, actually I only notice when you gain weight". My husband says that no one has noticed at work because I wear baggy scrubs and a very unflattering lab coat. So I'm still waiting for someone to notice. And my family keeps me humble.

Stefanie has tried eating more healthy lately too. She lost interest in Skinny Bitch halfway through but at least she tried. She is trying to cut out the fast food and eating alot of Lean Cuisine products and has actually gone to a gym a few times.

Anyone interested in eating healthier and eliminating or cutting back on meat products check out http://www.skinnybitch.net/ or read the book. I don't think a book has changed my life in a long time.

No comments: