Thursday, October 9, 2008

To Walk or to Blog?

I arrive home from work, hit the garage door opener from the driveway and it opens. I breathe a sigh of relief. No one is home. The twenty-somethings are at work and Dan is safe and sound alseep in his truck in Arkansas. The cat greets me. So does the floor with cat prints all over it. Is that poop? Lovely. Cat litter is scattered across the kitchen floor. The washing machine is pushed back to the wall. Evidently the last wash load was out of balance and no one stopped it and redistributed the load. I would have if I had been home. The sink is full of dirty dishes. I rinse them off and put them in the dishwasher.

Then I pull the full trash bag out of the container, scoop the litter, sweep the floor and go outside with two extra trash bags that must have come from someone's room upstairs. I must be the only one that knows where the outside trash cans are. Then I feed the cat, and get the swiffer out and give the kitchen floor a once-over. I wash the kitchen counters and vacuum the floor in the foyer, kitchen, dining roon, and living room. I put the vacuum away as the phone rings. Dan wants to know why I am at home already and what time did I leave work.

Do I fix myself something to eat and watch the news? I already know the stock market fell another 600 points. Do I put on my walking shoes and head out the door for some fresh air and exercise? I bring in the mail. The water bill is overdue. Swell. The plates on the Kia are due to expire soon and bonus, my driver's license expires on my birthday. Can't renew by mail. Does that mean I get to take the test? This day gets better and better.

I grab my purse and keys and head for the car. I pass by the washing machine. I look in and see someone's laundry all wrapped around the agitator. Hmmm. Looks like some clothes are all stretched out. I reclose the lid and head into the garage. I drive to the library and sit down to blog. I feel better already. The cat can wait. Dinner can wait. This is my time.

No comments: