Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Stefanie is my Captive

Stefanie is all mine Saturday morning. She is dropping her new vehicle off to get a brake job (no comment) at our favorite brake shop. In order to get brakes repaired on a Saturday at our favorite brake place the vehicle has to be dropped off at 8:30am and you stand in line outside waiting for the doors to open. Everyone troops in and drops their keys off and either waits to hear the bad news or leaves and comes back later.

I will be picking her up that morning to bring her to my place to spend the morning. Perfect!!! She can spend the rest of the morning going through the bits and pieces left in her room. I have been trying to decide what color to paint the room and whether I want a "sitting room" or a spare bedroom in the place of the mess she left me with. I plan on getting every scrap out of the room and starting with a bare canvas. I can't wait. Stefanie, on the other hand isn't too excited.

If you have been reading this drivel for any time you might? remember the pictures I bravely posted of her room (January 2, 2009) I was desperate.

7 comments:

Roshni said...

Hey! Messing with your daughter's room!? I don't think so!! Read my earlier sentimental drivelled post on that issue and if that doesn't have you bawling into your hanky and turning her room into a shrine for her, then, well!!
http://notasciencegeek.blogspot.com/2009/02/slipping-through-my-fingers.html

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

I like the taking her captive techniue. I'm putting into my parent notebook for future reference.

Jeanne Estridge said...

Stand firm! Don't let her talk you into a mother-daughter shopping spree instead....

Anonymous said...

Crikey! Has she still not cleared that room?

You have the patience of a saint.

GG

Jane! said...

Oh man! I'm jealous. I can't get a bedroom freed up around my house no matter how I try!
Good luck to you. I guess you can hold her hostage until she does your bidding.

T said...

Good Luck!

I hope she cleared that room for you. You will enjoying working with a blank canvas and coming up with all sorts of wonderful ides you can do with that room.

PS. I went to the doctor on Wed. It was really scary, but I did. You need to do the same, ok?!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I hope all goes well.. stand firm..you can do it..do not cave in under any circumstances! I can't wait to hear your new plans for her room:)